Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saturday Morning

Well typically I'd be settling into the couch, potentially after a work out, to watch some college gameday on ESPN and determine which were can't miss games for the weekend. Or prepping for a golf tournament I can't attend (particularly bitter about this one). This week, like the last few, that is not the case. I'm sure everyone else feels it too, but I just want my life back or some assurance it'll all pay off come mid-December. Anyway, I sprung out of bed (probably more from anxiety than excitement) to get going on essays. It's only 10am and I've already edited 3 essays and 1 additional statement (which I'm not sure I'll use). You know what, that brings me to a question to all of you out there reading: are you using an extra statement to explain anything additional to the adcom? My example, my GPA improved each year except my senior year. I took 3 courses (2 at a higher ranked school across town-note, I went to a top 50 so not much difference), worked 20 hours a week and applied to law school. Justified? What's your extra story, if you have one?

That was a nice distraction. I'm sure I'll be back later in the weekend. Until then, happy essay writing everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment