Sunday, October 24, 2010

Applications are complete, but not the process

Well I guess it's been a while since I've posted. Although I've completed my applications my schedule hasn't opened up as much as I hoped/expected. It's been great to relax a bit, but leaves me wanting more. So what's kept me busy this week (aside from checking my application status, 3 are now complete per the schools, reviewing blogs and posts to determine when interview invites came out last year, and worrying about whether I should begin additional applications for round 2):

1. Begun to reach out to a few people at my target schools again - this should help if/when I have interviews and it never hurts since you could hit on a key alum willing to write another letter for your file...

2. Gotten back into the gym - yes, this is mostly to help with the stress/anxiety but it definitely calms me

3. Recommitted myself to my job - I work for a professional services firm and with applications a couple things slide a little bit so now is the time to hit hard again so people don't get the feeling I'm checked out, this will be critical later on...

4. Saw some friends - yup, after weeks/months of hibernation I saw a few people and had some week night fun, shocking

5. Who knows where the rest of the time goes...I know there's more but for me those were the more important things on my mind. After the next couple of weeks, I'm sure I'll get back to a more normal routine and begin to define my next steps a bit more, I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there. Good to see that you managed to complete five applications.It must have been lot of pressure. I was deep down into stress with only three. Nice posts and nice blog. Keep it up and all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the positive feedback, hopefully what I'm sharing is helpful. I know it's been helpful to share my thoughts and relate to others in the process. Congrats on the three, good luck with them and hopefully you'll hear good results soon. As for the stress, I think this blog speaks for itself on that topic...it's impossible not to be stressed with so much going on and the pressure of it all. I keep telling myself how it'll be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete