Sunday, November 7, 2010

Week ahead

Last week was very stressful, though I suppose it was unwarranted. For some reason, I convinced myself that I would hear from Chicago Booth about an interview. If not from there, at least somewhere would let invite me. Nothing came. As a result, I continuously checked the GMAT Club forums, school sites and random blogs to see how many invites went out, who they went to and how I stacked up. This proved futile. I really didn't glean much and I didn't hear from the schools themselves. I sat there, become increasingly anxious for no reason. This week will be different. Chicago Booth releases all invites or dings by Wednesday. Who knows what will happen between now and then. I'm trying not to think too much about it. I'm doing my best to keep myself in the game, counting all my positive attributes (such as receiving an invite at Booth last year, the improvement since last year, letters of support from students, etc). I'm also trying to remain calm and convince myself that this one school will not reflect the results of the remaining. Of course, that's much easier said than done. This weekend I distracted myself with friends, sports, and reading. For the most part, it worked. There were a few times I panicked and began wondering if I should be applying to another 5 schools in round 2 and if so, which ones. I'm still not convinced what I should do on that front. I fear that if I'm rejected from all 3 in mid-December I won't have the positive mentality or time necessary to complete my research and applications. At the end of the day, I'm trying to convince myself that I have until Thanksgiving/early December before I have to begin on these. So, I've basically told myself that if I don't have any interviews by then I should get to work...we'll see if I stick to that line as things are still very fluid. Even thinking about all of this again and typing it gives it more validity and more air time in my head, more than I probably should. With that, I'm signing off. Need to get to sleep early tonight as it's a big week. Good luck to everyone else hearing something this week. It's minor but does help to know everyone is going through this together.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog! I like your writing way. I'm doing practice GMAT here: gmatonlinetest.com . I hope it's useful for GMAT test takers.

    ReplyDelete