Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Wait Listed AGAIN

Ross sent their decisions, although I never did receive an email from them. I didn't have an interview there, which honestly surprised me. It worked out well because I was traveling nearly every weekend in February but I was a bit surprised it was the only school I wasn't interviewed by this year. Needless to say, I was expecting the worst. By being waitlist my indifference to Michigan turned to a bit more interest. My reaction seemed to be, "huh, I wonder...that's wierd...what do I do now..." And I'm still in that position. Haas is still my top choice but who knows what will happen there. Since I was waitlisted at Haas, I do have a lot of the waitlist material ready to go so hitting the waitlist wouldn't really be an issue. The biggest issue of course is my desire to end this process and focus on ONE school.

So what would you do? Accept the waitlist spot at Michigan and just see what happens or reject them (which has a certain ring to it) and focus on Haas/UCLA? Hopefully a little distance, and some insightful comments from you out there, will help illuminate the right decision for me.

1 comment:

  1. The question is whether you'd prefer to attend Michigan over UCLA. If yes, then I'd pursue an acceptance off the waitlist - it won't take much extra time since you can tailor the Haas materials and, more importantly, your school choice will impact your next two years and likely the rest of your career/life, so eventually getting into the school of your choice outweighs an extra few months of certainty (and if you change your mind later or eventually get into Haas, then you can always reject them then). If you prefer to attend UCLA over Michigan (i.e., a Michigan acceptance wouldn't change your decision vis-a-vis attending UCLA), then I'd drop off the waitlist to focus on making the most of your time at UCLA. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete