Monday, February 28, 2011

700+ plus A Days

It's been an eventful few days, which means I haven't posted anything in a while. So here's just a quick recap. I would say I'll add more detail later but I've made that promise in the past and never really follow through so I'm going to stop extending myself. Without further ado:

I retook the GMAT last Friday. The whole experience was bit harrowing, from getting to the test center to finishing the test. Fortunately, I improved my score. Unfortunately, it was only by 10 points. I went from a 700 to a 710, with my quant falling just below that magic 80th percentile. Quant was higher on my last test so I'm okay with it. It's great that my score improved, but I am thinking I could have scored higher on the quant/overall if I had another week or two. Oh well, at the end of the day I improved even though my prep time was limited. Hopefully it proves the point.

Now onto A Days at UCLA Anderson. Immediately after the GMAT I boarded a flight to the west coast, which apparently was a frigid mid-50s weekend. To be honest, my expectations were not incredibly high. I know it's a great school, good people, has all the specs but I never felt the intangibles. This weekend changed that. Overall, it was a great weekend. The current students, admits, staff, faculty, alumni were incredible. Maybe it's because it was my first admit weekend but everyone was thrilled to be there. I met a ton of great people and am thrilled to be accepted into this group. The weekend made a very compelling case of UCLA Anderson and I am walking away a lot more excited about the school. The people really made the experience. It was a tiring, yet exhilarating, weekend and I'm looking forward to keeping in touch with a lot of people I met. At the end of the day, the experience is all about who you are surrounded by, and I felt engaged and excited by those around me at UCLA.

They made a compelling case...but I'm still waiting to see what happens...I'll be thrilled when the decisions are final and I can begin to move toward one or the other. Either way, I am certain I'm in for an amazing couple of years. I just want it to begin!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your share! I think this information is helpful for everyone. I'm doing practice GMAT here: gmatonlinetest.com . I hope it's useful for GMAT test takers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on improving your score. Ten points is better than nothing!

    ReplyDelete