Thursday, March 24, 2011

Almost there...

It's been a while since I've posted anything. It's been a busy few weeks catching back up on my social life. I'm still amazed how much time the whole application process took up. For all those out there looking to apply next fall, START NOW!!!!!!

To update everyone:

Haas - was dinged last week. It was very disappointing for about 5 minutes then I realized it's time to fully celebrate/embrace UCLA. Until I knew I wasn't going to Haas it was tough to be completely excited about UCLA. It's not necessarily rational but I had my mind set on getting in off the waitlist at Haas. Not to be.

Duke - I'll have more info tomorrow. Would love another admit. Even if I don't end up going to Durham, it would be great to hear that all my effort paid off and that I'm capable of making a choice between schools.

Ross - still on the waitlist. Met a couple students the other night and really enjoyed drinks. They were incredibly convincing that I must see it for myself and experience the culture before I make any decision. It's funny, almost seemed as though they were selling me more than I was selling them. A bit different from the regular process but a welcome change. Hopefully I'll be invited to interview and will have that opportunity.

In the interim, I'm going through the motions at work, trying to reconnect with friends and family (which is a huge success), returning to my former athletic life, enjoying the NCAA tourney (watching Duke as we speak...hmm...foreshadowing anyone?), and beginning to prep for school with the FAFSA, meeting potential classmates and reading as much as possible about the experience and recruiting which apparently begins NOW.

As I mentioned, I'm also watching the tourney now and it's pretty consuming. Hopefully I wrote complete sentences. Until tomorrow. At some point, I should also write a longer, what I did, basic advice and key take aways from the process. For now, the main take away is that it's all random! Hope that helps and encourages all you future applicants out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment