Sunday, December 12, 2010

No news is...good (?) news..?

Well after the barrage of admits from Kellogg last week, I am still waiting. It's a bit tough to know they released so many decisions last week and I'm still on the outside. Now, of course, I don't expect to go 5 for 5 but the first one always seems to be the hardest. After going through the cycle last year without an admit, I'm a bit on edge heading into this week. Since three schools will get back to me by next Monday (Kellogg, Booth and Tuck), I'm freaking out a bit. Even if I am dinged by all three, I'll still have two in limbo. The problem is I won't hear from them before most round 2 deadlines. So if I'm not admitting this week I'll have to do some soul searching and gear up to complete a few round 2 applications (and try to decide which schools to apply to).

To all those incessantly checking your phone/email, I'm with you. At least it's almost over...at least that's what I keep telling myself. I was in LA this weekend (interview at UCLA, more to follow) staying with a college friend who watched me unravel a couple of times. He also made fun of my constantly for my obsessive phone checking. It's nice to be outside the bubble once in a while and put it all in perspective. Then again, he's not in this position. Nor does he realize what's at stake, the effort that's behind applying to these schools and how much it does mean to me. Oh well, the ups and downs continue. It's almost over.

No comments:

Post a Comment