Thursday, December 23, 2010

Here we go (again)

Just when you thought it was all over, it begins anew.

I was so close to having written my last application, or so I thought. Now with 3 rejections and no certainty I'm climbing back on that horse. I've selected another couple of schools and I'm beginning to pull together my applications. The timing I suppose works well from my stand point as I'll have ample time to devote to applications. For my recommenders, that might be a different story. As the holiday season has set in, my recommenders have set off. I'm trying to get in touch with the second but he already is on vacation. As you can probably imagine, this is creating quite a bit of anxiety on my part. He has been incredibly helpful in the past; however, I'm sure his enthusiasm is beginning to wane. On top of it all, he recently accepted a new role within the firm. It's a great step for him but I wonder how this will impact his holiday and, more specifically, his time to devote to my recommendations. At this point, all I can do is wait and then make it as easy as I can on him.

From my side, the two applications don't seem too bad. The questions are fairly straight forward and I've already written almost all of them. Now it's just adapting that material to their prompt. Of course, I also need to learn more about them. I'm working my way through the clearadmit school guides (yes, shameless plug but they have been helpful). I'm hopefully that plus a couple additional data points more specific to my story and I'll be ready to attack the essays. Given the state of my essays, I'm optimistically looking to complete the two applications by early next week - too optimistic? Anyone want to put their money for or against me here? Anyone? Vegas will have the spread shortly but I'm willing to create some early action...

No comments:

Post a Comment