Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Waiting on the waitlist

I'm trying to keep my mind off the decisions. They will come at some point in the future. At this point, I can't do anything more for Haas. I've spoken to a ton of people there, including an admission director, all of which I felt went well. I sent 2 updates. I sent 2 more recommendations. I retook the GMAT and improved my score from 700 to 710. Most importantly, I went out to visit and interview. I'm done. It's out of my hands. That's the problem. Most of us bschool applicants are type-A, control freaks. So sitting tight and waiting for the mysterious decision to pop up is brutal. At least I have an acceptance so I'm going to a school I'm excited to attend. Now to just finalize the decision of where and begin planning for the move.

The waitlist decision at Michigan surprised me a bit. I'm still confused. I hadn't thought a whole lot about Duke and Michigan, even as I completed my application. Since then I've met more students and alums and both schools are more appealing. It might be because I still have a chance of admission. Let's face it, after receiving so many dings over the past 2 years it's nice to have positive news. That positive news does make evaluate each of the options to the fullest...well at this point, I only have one admit so I shouldn't worry about these things.

I'm thrilled by my current spot in the admissions process but I'm very eager for April 1st to roll around. By then I'll hear from Haas and Duke begin to move on with next steps. Hopefully I'll hear a final decision from each...we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment