Monday, April 4, 2011

Interview at Ross

It's been a while since I've really posted. It's been a busy few weeks as I try to reconnect with friends and enjoy my last few months here before moving onto school and a new city/town. It's been a lot of fun and I'm excited to distance myself from the intensity of the app process. Now I'm working with some positive news and it's a great problem to have. On Friday, I was extending an interview invite at Michigan Ross, where I'm already on the WL. It's a great turn of events and I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to get to know the school better, enhance my candidacy and meet more students. It's a great opportunity. The problem is that the interview must be completed by next Friday. So I've looked into flights and hotels and everything else and every way I cut it, the cost of the trip will be around $500. At this point, I'm trying to have fun BUT save money for school. Another $500 without an actual acceptance seems a bit excessive. However, it could confirm or deny my interest in Ross. The timing could be perfect, spend a day at Ross then head to Duke for admit weekend and decide on UCLA by the following Wednesday. It'd be a crazy few days but would be very telling. Of course, it could also mean I fall in love with Ann Arbor and Ross and feel the pressure of hoping to get into a school I'm thrilled about without any guarantee. So what now...? Alternatively, I could interview in my home city but I feel it won't impact my candidacy as much as a trip to Michigan. It also wouldn't help me evaluate Ross for myself. But do I really want to drop another $500....any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment