Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Ups and Downs

I had an interesting ride home tonight. It was one of those stop and go traffic nights which allowed a lot of time for reflection. During this reflective period I was able to think of all the progress I've made before the calendar even flips to September. However, I then thought to my self, "oh sh*t!! It's September! How will I ever get everything done before the deadlines." My ride progressed back and forth like this for almost an hour. This is nothing new but I'm trying to find concrete ways to ease my own insecurity and pressure. At the end of the day, I've learned I cope well when I definitive time frames to work against. So I started laying them out so I won't feel guilty if I don't get a ton done before this weekend (especially since my work day lasts well into the night most days).

I guess my point is that when you have these moments, it's completely natural. This is that time of year where freak outs will occur every few days. It's completely normal but by creating check lists and action items I will keep my self calm and on track to complete all 5 applications in the first round.

Hope this helps and happy essay writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment